2014 Contest Rules
be a female (yes, we had to put that in the rules). There are
NO RESIDENCE requirements.
Submit entries ONLINE. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org a bio/resume and a link to an online video of her comedy of at least 8 minutes.
3. Teams of two comediennes (improv or standup) are welcome. Teams cannot be larger than two comediennes. NOTE - teams must have video showing them performing together. (Again, both need to
4. Each comedienne must submit online entry
(bio/resume, contact info, link to online video) no later than
March 8, 2014 (date extended)
5. The contest
committee will pick 70 comediennes for the contest. The 70 comediennes' names will be posted on this website no later than
February 22, 2014.
6. All participants are responsible for their own lodging and transportation to the contest.
7. For each round, 1/2 audience vote and 1/2 individual judges will choose the comediennes to advance to the next round. In the case of the finals, 1/2 audience vote and 1/2 individual judges will choose the winners
8. The 70 comediennes will perform (10 per round) in seven preliminary rounds. Each comedienne will get
7 minutes. For each of the seven preliminary rounds, four comediennes will advance to the semi-final rounds. Plus two additional comediennes (fifth place finishers with the highest scores) from the seven preliminary rounds will advance to the semi-final rounds.
9. There will be three semi-final rounds. There are ten comediennes per semifinal round. Each comedienne will get
Three comediennes per semifinal round will advance to the final round. Plus three additional comediennes from the three semifinal rounds will advance to the final round.
10. The twelve comediennes of the final round will get
11. The 1/2 audience vote and 1/2 individual judges of the final round will choose the top four comediennes.
The prize money is as follows:
First Place: $500.00
Third Place: $100.00
Fourth Place: $50.00
2014 CONTEST DATES CLICK HERE
2014 Contest Location: